Artificial Intelligence (AI) is shaking the field of technology as we speak. In addition to its impact on science, it has already changed the way we develop new products, games and services.
Today AI is in a form of tools and libraries that doesn’t require scientific background to use them. There is a growing demand for programmers with hands-on experience and understanding of these tools that can harness the power of AI in different usage scenarios.
Be the next AI specialist
Students will get hands on experience on applying AI-tools in cooperation with the vivid ecosystem of companies in the field of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Robotics located in Pori.
Your studies contain
- Basic studies (e.g. applied mathematics, natural sciences, communication)
- Professional studies (e.g. AI, machine learning, data science)
- Elective studies
- Practical training and Bachelor’s thesis.
- Studies are carried out in English in a multicultural group of students in close cooperation with working life through projects.
- Fundamentals of AI
- Supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning
- Neural networks, including deep learning and self-organizing networks
- Natural language processing and semantic computing
- Programming and software engineering
- Hands-on studies in AI tools and environments
- Data preparation studies
- Entrepreneurial studies
Study among the experts
Students are mentored by the experts of RoboAI consisting of 20 experts working in the fields of automation, robotics, artificial intelligence and welfare technology. RoboAI functions as a global innovation platform for research and development as well as education and competence. The centre of RoboAI is the joint use laboratory of SAMK Campus Pori.
Goal of the studies
The goal of the studies is to prepare the students for the versatile demands of the modern working life.
SAMK – The best education!
SAMK – The highest employment rate outside the metropolitan area!
Survey of Ministry of Education and Culture for those graduated from university of applied sciences in 2009 – 2018.
Modern and Versatile Campus
SAMK campus is located in the city centre of Pori and it is future’s learning environment.
- Over 4000 students
- Diversified: business, health care and social services, technology, tourism
- Around 600 degrees per year
- Good traffic connections: located next to the Travelling Centre of Pori. It is easy to arrive by a local or long-distance bus or train.
+358 2 623 4801
Further information on degree program:
Mr. Petteri Pulkkinen, Research Director
+358 44 710 3296