Activating teaching method
SAMK librarians guide students in searching information for their thesis, in narrowing the search and in considering different search terms. The students gain confidence in using high-quality research databases and other electronic and printed material as sources of information. Instead of finding the information for the students, our aim is to train the student to select the best information sources available and to make better queries, thereby saving time and improving the quality of their academic assignments.
Book an appointment
INFOtelakka offers personal assistance for students through appointments. Please contact your campus library or firstname.lastname@example.org to book your INFOtelakka session and give us some background information:
- Your group code and campus
- The topic of your thesis
- What kind of searches have you done on your topic: which keywords have you used and how have you combined them?
- Which search engines or databases have you used so far while searching for information on your topic?
- Do you have any special wishes for this INFOtelakka session?
- What times suit you? Suggest a few time slots, e.g. "Mon 21 Jan 10–15", "Any time", "Mon–Fri after 15:30".
We guide online at HILL
Guidance is given via SAMK HILL platform. The campus librarians:
- Pori: Teppo Hjelt https://hill.webex.com/meet/teppo.hjelt
- Rauma: Katrin Kippasto https://hill.webex.com/meet/katrin.kippasto
- Kuninkainen and The Fine Arts Library: Elina Laineenoja https://hill.webex.com/meet/elina.laineenoja
How was your session? Please give feedback.