Promoting Clients Health and Wellbeing and Treating Their Diseases
The Degree Programme in Nursing will prepare you for a valued profession, in which you will be working with clients of different age groups promoting their health and wellbeing and treating their diseases. You will gain competences based on ethical principles, comprehensive and multidisciplinary knowledge, practical skills and interaction skills.
SAMK students will be employed
As a graduated nurse you can work in different care settings from clients´ homes and open counselling centres to intensive care units in hospitals as well as a private entrepreneur.
SAMK students studying in the Degree Programme in Nursing share their experiences.
Senior lecturer and student tell about the nursing studies at SAMK.
Nursing students practise a case simulation situation at Simulation Center.
Modern and Versatile Campus
SAMK campus is located in the city centre of Pori and it is future’s learning environment.
- Over 4000 students
- Diversified: business, health care and social services, technology, tourism
- Around 600 degrees per year
- Good traffic connections: located next to the Travel Centre of Pori. It is easy to arrive by a local or long-distance bus or train.
SAMK – The best quality of education!
SAMK – The highest employment rate outside the metropolitan area!
Survey of Ministry of Education and Culture for those graduated from university of applied sciences in 2009 – 2021.
- Basic Studies (Communication Skills and Basic Nursing Interventions)
- Professional Studies (Medical, Surgical and Perioperative Nursing, Child and Adolescent Nursing, Family Nursing, Mental Health and Substance Abuse Nursing, Gerontological and District Nursing, Clinical Calculations)
- Clinical Practice and a Bachelor’s thesis
Your studies consist of contact classes, projects, clinical simulations and online studies.
The studies take place in English in a multicultural group of students in close cooperation with nursing settings and health care agencies. Internationality is integrated as a natural part of the degree programme. Internationality competence manifests itself as language skills, interactive skills and cultural competence. The student also has the possibility of completing studies or practical training periods abroad.
Goals of the Studies
- your professionalism in nursing is based on health promotion and ethical practice
- you are able to work independently and in multidisciplinary teams
- you are creative and innovative in developing client-oriented services in social and health care
Practical Training and Thesis
The practical training introduces the student to practical work tasks that are essential especially to the professional skills and to the application of knowledge and skills in professional work. The practical training can be completed in the private or public sector, as an entrepreneur or in another separately approved working environment, fulfilling the set criteria, either in Finland or abroad.
In thesis you demonstrate your ability to apply your knowledge and skills in practical expert duties related to the professional studies.
MORE ABOUT THE SUBJECT
+358 2 623 4801
Further information about the degree program:
Mrs. Maarit Harjanne, Senior Lecturer
+358 44 710 3041
Further information about the entrance exam:
Mrs. Pauliina Kesonen, Senior Lecturer
+358 44 710 3393