Service Centre Soteekki’s action plan for autumn 2020
Soteekki is prepared to tighten its instructions this autumn to secure the safety of the students starting their practice, the personnel and the clients (SAMK’s instructions).
Service Centre Soteekki
Action plan for autumn 2020, Covid-19
Service Centre Soteekki is prepared to tighten its instructions this autumn to secure the safety of the students starting their
practice, the personnel and the clients (SAMK’s instructions). We keep a close eye on any changes in the situation so that we are able to react immediately if the situation so requires. Soteekki personnel supervises
the students and gives extra instructions on working safely.
1. General instructions:
- Approximately 40 students start their practice at Soteekki on 24 August 2020. The students will have orientation days at the campus on 24 and 25 August 2020.
- The students have been informed beforehand that if they feel ill, they must not come to the campus (HILL possibility for the sick).
- We have reserved us large facilities (on Monday C213, on Tuesday C211) to secure having enough space for safe distances.
First the following issues will be reviewed at the orientations:
- safety regulations during the corona pandemic
- correct couching technique
- correct hands washing technique
- correct use of hand sanitizers
The student group will be divided into two groups, which should both include students from all the degree programmes (nursing, social services, physiotherapy), if possible. The groups work in morning and evening shifts. The shifts are from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. or during some other period of time depending on the services.
- The morning and evening shifts will have their own student supervisors (2+2).
- At the Soteekki office, there is a limit of 10 people at a time, remembering the safe distances.
- A reservation of extra space is probably possible for the students to plan, report and register services.
From both groups, two students responsible for hygiene will be chosen, whose duty is to take care of cleaning the premises, equipment and instruments.
- The aim is that the laptops, keyboards, desks, door handles, cabinet knobs etc. are cleaned
with Apowipe cloths several times a day (every 2-3 hours).
- Small devices, exercise and gym equipment are always cleaned before and after use.
- Hand sanitizers, cleaning cloths and other necessary hygiene equipment must be available at Soteekki all the time.
- In addition, their duty is to remind the students to remember the safe distances, coughing technique, hand hygiene etc.
At the weekly meetings and joint messages (WhatsApp), the students will be reminded of everyone’s own responsibility to work in accordance with the tightened hygiene instructions.
At the Soteekki office door, there will be a disinfection place with instructions (hand washing and disinfection always when coming to the office).
The students are advised to use the toilet in Soteekki’s “small storage”.
The personnel of Soteekki and the student supervisors may use safe visors when in contact with the students, if they so wish.
We keep a close eye on mask recommendations and advice the students on using masks also at the campus area, if the situation so requires (SAMK’s instructions).
The students are advised to minimize the use of mobile phones during working hours and to wipe the phone every day with a disinfecting liquid/Apowipe.
2. Instructions when attending clients:
- The clients are instructed on attending the services only when healthy.
- The students are instructed on using masks always when in contact with a client (paying attention to client safety).
- The students are advised on how to put on and take off the protective equipment.
- The students are instructed on taking care that the equipment and instruments used at the services are cleaned before and after use.
- The clients are instructed on using the Main Entrance (Satakunnankatu 23) only, when entering the campus.
- The clients are instructed on using hand sanitizer when entering the campus and e.g. after individual contacts with a device (gym).
- With group exercises or other group services, plans where the client can use an “individual device” are preferred. This minimizes the risk of contamination between the members of the group.
- The service plans will emphasize safe distances etc. both between the clients and the instructors.
The aim is that the future professionals of this branch understand the importance of hygiene and asepsis when in contact with clients.
3. Starting the services:
- In June we had a contact with all our clients concerning the autumn situation. All the client groups were willing to continue the services.
- The client contacts will begin on week 34 and we will make an agreement on starting the services on week 36 already.
- In case the pandemic escalates so that the services cannot be given, practicing at Soteekki is in danger notto take place at all.
- During the spring term, some digital services have been developed and are possible to be offered to our clients. These include e.g. digital lectures on welfare and digital exercises at the gym. However, these services will not be enough for fourty students.
- We will continue developing new digital services by choosing a digiteam or digiteams from the new student group and their task is to plan new kinds of services for Soteekki.
This plan may possibly have additions and specifications based on SAMK’s general instructions and procedures.
The Kokeilimo operation applies the instructions mentioned above, because it is a part of Soteekki’s operation.
Pori 17 August 2020
Soteekki’s service instructors
Heli Lamminen ja Tero Martimo