The degree programme combines electronics, mechatronics, artificial intelligence (AI) and programming in the design, development and application of robots and their integration with other systems. The pedagogic approach of the study program is based on project-based learning. The students are given an authentic, real-world context for learning.
Be the next R&D specialist
Students face complex challenges in a real- world environment where problem-solving, collaboration and creativity are highly valued skills. Local companies are involved in the study process – they provide the students with the R&D tasks and their experts act as mentors for the students.
Your studies contain
- Basic studies (e.g. natural science and communication)
- Professional studies
- Elective studies
- Practical training and bachelor’s thesis
- Studies are carried out in English in a multicultural group of students in close cooperation with working life through projects.
- Mechanics and electronics
- Machine vision
Study among the experts
Students are mentored by the experts of RoboAI consisting of 20 experts working in the fields of automation, robotics, artificial intelligence and welfare technology. RoboAI functions as a global innovation platform for research and development as well as education and competence. The centre of RoboAI is the joint use laboratory of SAMK Campus Pori.
Goal of the studies
Goal of the studies is to prepare the students for the versatile demands of the modern working life.
SAMK – The best education!
SAMK – The highest employment rate outside the metropolitan area!
Survey of Ministry of Education and Culture for those graduated from university of applied sciences in 2009 – 2018.
Modern and Versatile Campus
SAMK campus is located in the city centre of Pori and it is future’s learning environment.
- Over 4000 students
- Diversified: business, health care and social services, technology, tourism
- Around 600 degrees per year
- Good traffic connections: located next to the Travelling Centre of Pori. It is easy to arrive by a local or long-distance bus or train.
+358 2 623 4801
Further information on degree program:
Mr. Petteri Pulkkinen, Research Director
+358 44 710 3296