MOT Kielipalvelu dictionaries and language tools for SAMK students – MOT Online has been upgraded
MOT Kielipalvelu contains the following features: MOT Kääntäjä (machine translation), MOT Kielentarkistin (proofreader) and high-quality dictionary collection MOT Sanakirjat.
MOT Kielipalvelu contains the language tools from MOT Online, with an easy-to-use user experience. MOT Kielipalvelu contains the following features: MOT Kääntäjä (machine translation), MOT Kielentarkistin (proofreader), high-quality dictionary collection MOT Sanakirjat as well as dictionaries from other publishers such as Oxford University Press. The old user interface MOT Online can be used until the end of 2020.
SAMK students and staff can access the service from anywhere on their mobile and laptop, as long as they first create their own username to sign up for the service. MOT can be used on the SAMK campus network without logging in.
A link to the service is on the Finna homepage at samk.finna.fi. You can also find the link by searching for MOT Kielipalvelu in Finna. After registration you can access the service directly at sanakirja.fi.
Registration instructions for SAMK students and staff
Select organization Satakunnan ammattikorkeakoulu.
Enter your SAMK email address and select Get a login link.
Use the link in your email and go to MOT Kielipalvelu. Set a password.
In SAMK wireless network you can go to MOT Kielipalvelu at sanakirja.fi. Click “Sign up” to receive a registration link to your email.
After registration you can access the service directly at sanakirja.fi.
MOT Dictionaries cover both general language vocabulary as well as specialist vocabulary, for example from the fields of medicine, technology, commerce, economics, and law. The dictionaries also feature plenty of grammatical information and usage examples as well as idioms and phrases. The dictionaries are updated on a weekly basis. MOT Dictionaries contain the following dictionaries:
- MOT English
- MOT Swedish
- MOT German
- MOT French
- MOT Spanish
- MOT Russian
- MOT Italian
- MOT Dutch
- MOT English Technology and Commerce
- MOT Swedish Technology and Commerce
- MOT German Technology and Commerce
- MOT French Technology and Commerce
- MOT Russian Technology and Commerce
- MOT English Dictionary of Law
- MOT English Dictionary of Medicine
- MOT Swedish Dictionary of Law
- MOT Swedish Dictionary of Medicine
- Oxford University Press Dictionaries
Dictionaries by Oxford University Press:
- MOT Oxford Dictionary of English
- MOT New Oxford American Dictionary
- MOT Oxford German Dictionary
- MOT Oxford Spanish Dictionary
- MOT Oxford Chinese Dictionary
- MOT Oxford Italian Dictionary
- MOT Oxford Monolingual Spanish Dictionary
A selection of dictionaries by Nationalencyklopedin:
- MOT NE:s Stora engelska ordbok
- MOT NE:s Svensk ordbok
MOT Kääntäjä (machine translation)
MOT Kääntäjä combines machine translation and a dictionary. You can choose any language pair from the following languages:
MOT Kielentarkistin (proofreader)
MOT Kielentarkistin proofreads your text and suggests corrections. Supported languages: