Notification of admission
All admitted students will get a personal notification of admission. The results are published gradually depending on the selection method and degree programme. More detailed information is available in the Admissions Criteria.
You will receive a notice by email both from the Studyinfo.fi service and SAMK Admission Office, when you have been offered a study place at SAMK.
Before arriving in Finland
You can accept the study place and enrol electronically.
More information: SAMK enrolment
All non-EU/EEA students need to pay the tuition fee.
Your liability for paying the tuition fee has been checked in the application process. The tuition fee is to be paid according to instructions given in the notification of admission.
More information: SAMK tuition fees and scholarships
Non-EU/EEA students need a student residence permit. Remember that you must personally visit a Finnish embassy or consulate as part of this process. Start your residence permit process as soon as possible, carefully following the immigration authorities’ instructions and regulations, so that you can receive your permit in good time before your studies begin.
More information: Finnish Immigration Service (Migri)
Finnish student health service (FSHS) is responsible of student health services in Pori/Rauma. However, FSHS do not cover urgent medical care or secondary health care in hospitals.
Students coming from EU/EEA countries: You should take your EU-card (the European health insurance card) from your local social security office. The EU-card gives you access to medically necessary healthcare during your stay in Finland under the same conditions and at the same cost as people insured in Finland.
Students coming from non–EU/EEA countries: You should have a certain insurance required by Finnish Immigration Services when applying for their student visas.
More information: Finnish Immigration Service
We recommend you to pack these documents with you to make your arrival in Finland as smooth as possible:
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate (if you are going to bring your family with you)
- Rental agreement, if you have already agreed on renting an apartment in Finland
- Tax Identification Number (TIN) from your home country. It is needed when opening a Finnish bank account.
- Original certificates that you attached to the application form when applying to your degree programme at SAMK. The student admission is conditional until the original certificates have been verified in the beginning of the studies.
- Acceptance email from SAMK
- Certificate of Registration email from SAMK. With this you can show that you have paid the tuition fee.
- Proof of how you will finance your stay in Finland during the first year of studies. You must establish sufficient independent funding for living in Finland. More information on Migri’s website: Income requirements for students
- Proof of sufficient insurance coverage for your stay. You can read more on health insurance requirements on Migri’s website: Students must have an insurance
All of these documents are good to have with you on paper when you arrive to Finland. You have attached some of these to the residence permit application form, but it’s a good idea to take these with you just in case you need to show these at the border. The border authorities may ask you to prove that you still meet all the requirements for the residence permit.
International Relations Secretaries assist international degree students with visa and residence permit applications, health insurance questions as well as in information about vacant accommodation. You can contact them prior to the beginning of your studies, if necessary, in order to have a smooth start for your studies in Finland.
International Relations Secretary
00 358 44 710 3859
International Relations Secretary
00 358 44 710 3563
SAMK Admissions Office assist applicants with their application process, tuition fees, confirming the study place or registration.
00 358 2 623 4801