We are happy to host international students!
Due to the coronavirus pandemic the Satakunta University of Applied Sciences has decided to cancel or postpone all exchange periods of the autumn semester 2020. For more information, please visit the coronavirus website.
Please, note that the application procedure will be carried out with SoleMOVE online system.
Satakunta University of Applied Sciences (SAMK) accepts international students by several exchange programmes and agreements. Please note that SAMK is a multi-campus university. To ensure the most rewarding academic experience incoming exchange students will be placed on our campuses based on their Degree studies in their home universities.
Incoming application periods:
• for spring semester 2021 by 15 November 2020
• for academic year 2021-22: 15 April -15 May 2021
• if you apply for nursing or physiotherapy practical training, the application time is 1 - 30 April
After your application for an exchange period abroad has been approved by the International Office at your home university, we require an official nomination from your home university in order to provide you with access to our online mobility tool SoleMOVE.
Students can find courses and course descriptions in Study Guide. Choose "Courses suitable for exchange students".
The normal workload for students is approximately 30 ECTS credits / semester. Feel free to ask the International Relations Secretaries, if you need information of the courses.
You can plan your own programme according to your needs and wishes. Note, however, that:
- You are advised to take courses primarily from the faculty you apply to.
- SAMK has campuses in four cities and you should choose courses only from one city.
- Please note that we offer business studies on two campuses and you will be placed on a campus which offers the most suitable courses for your Degree Programme at home.
- The courses are arranged only if a certain number of students enroll.
- Students will be accepted into courses in the enrollment order (at the beginning of the semester). The courses have a limited number of places.
Remember to have a look at the prerequisite studies. You might, for example, need to have previous studies in the field of a course.
The academic year at SAMK is divided into two semesters. There is normally very little tuition during the summer. You are expected to arrive at the beginning of the semester. If you arrive late (over 5 days), you may not be able to attend the courses any more. Please also note that our orientation sessions for incoming exchange students are mandatory.
Please check from the international contact person of your faculty when the courses begin.
SAMK has partner universities all over the world and share with them several networks and exchange programmes like:
- Bilateral agreements
Check on SoleMOVE online system what kind of agreement is currently signed with your home university.
Before arrival please remember to check that you have submitted all the required documents.
Pori Campus orientation weeks:
• 2 - 3 January 2020
• for nursing and physiotherapy students coming to SAMK to complete practical training the orientation is 1 - 15 February 2020.
Rauma Campus orientation week will start on 7 January 2020.
Please remember that attending the orientation program is obligatory for exchange students.