We are happy to host international students!
Please note that due to the coronavirus pandemic the Satakunta University of Applied Sciences has decided to cancel all exchange periods of the academic year 2020-2021. For more information, please visit the coronavirus website.
The application procedure will be carried out with SoleMOVE online system.
Satakunta University of Applied Sciences (SAMK) accepts international students by several exchange programmes and agreements. Please note that SAMK is a multi-campus university. To ensure the most rewarding academic experience incoming exchange students will be placed on our campuses based on their Degree studies in their home universities.
Application period deadlines:
- autumn semester and academic year: 15 May
- spring semester: 15 November
After your application for an exchange period abroad has been approved by the International Office at your home university, we require an official nomination from your home university in order to provide you with access to our online mobility tool SoleMOVE.
Students can find courses and course descriptions in Study Guide. Choose "Courses suitable for exchange students".
The normal workload for students is approximately 30 ECTS credits / semester. Feel free to ask the International Relations Secretaries, if you need information of the courses.
You can plan your own programme according to your needs and wishes. Note, however, that:
- You are advised to take courses primarily from the faculty you apply to.
- SAMK has campuses in four cities and you should choose courses only from one city.
- Please note that we offer business studies on two campuses and you will be placed on a campus which offers the most suitable courses for your Degree Programme at home.
- The courses are arranged only if a certain number of students enroll.
- Students will be accepted into courses in the enrollment order (at the beginning of the semester). The courses have a limited number of places.
Remember to have a look at the prerequisite studies. You might, for example, need to have previous studies in the field of a course.
The academic year at SAMK is divided into two semesters. There is normally very little tuition during the summer. You are expected to arrive at the beginning of the semester. If you arrive late (over 5 days), you may not be able to attend the courses any more. Please also note that our orientation sessions for incoming exchange students are mandatory.
Information about the beginning of your studies: please contact the international contact person of your faculty.
SAMK has partner universities all over the world and takes part in several networks and exchange programmes such as:
- Bilateral agreements
- Free mover
From SoleMOVE online system you can see the current partner universities of SAMK.
Before arrival please remember to check that you have submitted all the required documents.
Pori Campus orientation weeks:
• usually in the beginning of January
• for nursing and physiotherapy students coming to SAMK to complete their practical training the orientation is usually in February.
Rauma Campus orientation week is usually in the beginning of January.
Please remember that attending the orientation program is obligatory for exchange students.