We are happy to host international students
Please, note that the application procedure will be carried out with SoleMOVE online system.
Satakunta University of Applied Sciences (SAMK) accepts international students by several exchange programmes and agreements. Please note that SAMK is a multi-campus university. To ensure the most rewarding academic experience incoming exchange students will be placed on our campuses based on their Degree studies in their home universities.
INCOMING APPLICATION PERIODS:
• FOR SPRING SEMESTER 2020 by 15.11.2019
• FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2020-21: 15.4.-15.5.2020
• IF YOU COME TO NURSING OR PHYSIOTHERAPY PRACTICAL TRAINING, THE APPLICATION TIME IS 1.4.-30.4.
After your application for an exchange period abroad has been approved by the International Office at your home university, we require an official nomination from your home university in order to provide you with access to our online application system SoleMOVE.
Students can find courses and course descriptions in Study Guide. Choose "Courses suitable for exchange students".
The normal workload for students is approx. 30 ECTS /semester. Feel free to ask the International Relations Secretaries, if you need information of the courses.
You can plan your own programme according to your needs and wishes. Note, however, that:
- You are advised to take courses primarily from the faculty you apply to.
- SAMK has campuses in four cities and you should choose courses only from one city.
- Please note that we offer business studies on two campuses and you will be placed on a campus which offers the most suitable courses for your Degree Programme at home.
- The courses are arranged only if a certain number of students enrol.
- Students will be accepted into courses in the enrolment order (at the beginning of the semester). The courses have a limited number of places.
Remember to have a look at the prerequisite studies. You might, for example, need to have previous studies in the field of a course.
The Academic Year at SAMK is divided into two semesters. There is normally very little tuition during the summer. You are expected to arrive at the beginning of the semester. If you arrive late (over 5 days), you may not be able to attend the courses any more. Please also note that our orientation sessions for incoming exchange students are mandatory.
Please check from the international contact person of your faculty when the courses begin.
SAMK has partner universities all over the world and share with them several networks and exchange programmes like:
- Bilateral agreements
Check on SoleMOVE online system what kind of agreement is currently signed with your home university.
Before coming to SAMK don’t forget to do and check out some important stuff! Documents, Health forms, etc.
Pori Campus orientation week is:
- 26 – 30 August 2019
- for nursing and physioteraphy students doing practical training orientation is 19 - 30 August 2019
Rauma Campus orientation week starts 27 August 2019.
Attn. Please note that attending the orientation program is obligatory for exchange students.
SAMK? It is a nice place, where everybody helps, if you ask for help!