Equipment recommendations, student's laptop
Studying in accordance with these recommendations goes hand in hand with all degree programs. For the most part (e.g. welfare or business), it can also be a lighter solution. The information will be refined during the first academic year.
- Windows 10 operating system (some software used in SAMK do not support other operating systems)
- At least 8 Gb of RAM, recommended 16 Gb
- Recommended 3–4 year warranty (eg. warranty extension)
- At least FullHD display
- SSD -hard disk 256G, for technology students recommended 512Gb
- A good battery that lasts for several hours
- Integrated camera
You can use Microsoft Office programs freely. You can download them to your computer or use the web applications or both. We recommend that you also make sure you have access to your SAMK email account from your smart phone.
You also have OneDrive for Business available, where you can save your files and share files with other students and teachers.
Part of the programs used in studies can be downloaded to your computer. The programs which cannot be downloaded will be downloaded in the IT classrooms.
Tuudo mobile app
Tuudo is an application which makes coping with the day-to-day student life easier. Tuudo is available in appstores (App Store, Google Play) free of charge. Use your university username (student number) and password to log in to the app for the first time.