The aims of research integrity advisor’s activities at organisational level
- Promote the responsible conduct of research (RCR)
- Offer advice concerning research ethics and provide confidential counselling at SAMK
- Foster the recognition of misconduct in research and the prevention
- Raise the awareness of TENK’s (Finnish Advisory Board of Research Integrity) activities and guidelines as well as raise the awareness of RCR handling process
- Lower the threshold to make RCR notification when a violation of responsible conduct of research (RCR) is suspected
The research integrity advisor of SAMK will provide confidential and unbiased support in various problematic situations concerning research ethics. You can ask advice and support both in preventive and when suspecting a possible violation of RCR.
For more information, please visit: Responsible conduct of research and procedures for handling allegations of misconduct in Finland
The research integrity advisor’s scope of work
Research ethics and responsible conduct of research (RCR)
Mostly to provide low-threshold advising and counseling to researchers and other staff members in our organisation for example guide in RCR – process, advice if needed in a written RCR notification, counsel and support all parties in RCR process.
Research integrity advisor can be contacted personally, by phone and by e-mail. Research integrity advisor has been educated to this task by The National Advisory Board for Research Ethics (TENK) and is acting as a it's contact person at Satakunta University of Applied Sciences.
When needed contact me:
SAMK's research integrity adviser
Anne Kärki, researcher and principal lecturer
SAMK Campus Pori
tel. +358 44 710 3471