Information on language studies for new students
Here, new students who are starting their studies at SAMK will find information about matters such as placement tests (Swedish and/or English) and language tutoring. Also, language tutors’ contact information can be found here.
In the beginning of studies, you will take independently a Swedish and/or English placement test in Moodle.
Log in to Moodle with your SAMK identification and find your group’s placement test. The password for the test is the group code, e.g. NLT20SP1, which you received from the teacher tutor.
- Take the placement test by the announced deadline (in autumn term 6 Sept. 2020).
- You can take each test only once. You have 90 minutes per test.
- The total score is 100. You pass with a minimum of 50 points.
- Do not use any assistive device (e.g. dictionaries). In this way you will have reliable information on your language skills. This is important considering your future language studies.
- Placement tests are not obligatory for students who have passed the English and/or Swedish studies belonging to the degree in another higher education institution/university.
- If necessary, based on the results, you will be directed to Preparatory studies, which belong to the elective studies.
Language tutors at SAMK
Health and welfare, Physiotherapy, Nursing, Pori and Rauma; Fine Arts, Kankaanpää
Business Administration, Business, Tourism, Entrepreneurship, Pori
Business Administration, Business, Huittinen; Industrial Management, Logistics, Rauma; International Tourism Management, Pori
Artificial Intelligence, Pori
International Busines, Business, Logistics, Industrial Management and Technology, Sea Captain, Rauma
Team leader of Languages and Communication Team