For students starting their studies in autumn 2019 and onwards, the tuition fee is 9,500 euros per academic year for non-EU/EEA students in each Bachelor’s degree and Master’s degree programme tuitioned in English, except the degree programmes of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Robotics which have tuition fees of 10,500 € per academic year.
Students are able to apply for a scholarship that covers 50 % of the tuition fee.
The fees will not concern those students who
- have obtained their study right before spring 2017
- have started their studies before 1st August 2017
- are citizens of EU/EEA/Switzerland
- have an EU Blue Card
- have a continuous residence permit card in Finland, Type A permit
- have a permanent residence permit card in Finland, Type P permit
- have an EU residence permit for third-country citizens with long-term residence permit card in Finland (Type P-EU)
- have an EU Family Member's Residence Card in Finland
Read carefully: Exemption from tuition fees
If you are unsure about whether you'd be subject to tuition fees, check the 'Am I required to pay tuition fees?' section on the Studyinfo.fi application site.
Scholarships for students starting on autumn semester 2019 or later
Amount of scholarship
Scholarships are available only for students who are required to pay the tuition fee. The amount of scholarship is 50 % of the tuition fee of the academic year (4 750 €). The scholarship is paid afterwards to the student upon application. The scholarship is available only during the optimum study time of the degree (see the tables below).
The minimum requirements for receiving a scholarship are:
- Student has completed at least 55 ECTS credits during the academic year when he/she applies for the scholarship AND
- The weighted grade point average for the studies completed during the academic year is at least 3.5.
In addition, the student should belong to the best 20 % of his/her classes all students according to the weighted grade point average. The student’s class consists of all students who have started their studies the same year with the student and who have completed studies during the academic year in question.
The studies accepted by the recognition of prior learning are counted both in the amount of credits and in the grade point average according to the grading date.
Applying for the scholarship
Students who are required to pay the tuition fee apply for the scholarship in the end of the academic year by the 15th of June. The decisions are made and the scholarships paid by the 15th of July.
If student graduates during his/her optimum study time in the autumn semester, he/she should apply for the scholarship by the 31st of December. The decisions are made and the scholarships paid 31st of January.
+358 2 623 4801