From Autumn 2017 onwards, SAMK has tuition fees of 7.000 € per academic year for Bachelor’s degree studies and 8.000 € per academic year for Master’s degree studies for non-EU/EEA students in degree programmes tuitioned in English. Respectively, the tuition fees per one academic semester are 3.500 € and 4.000 €.
The fees will not concern those students who
- have obtained their study right before spring 2017
- have started their studies before 1st August 2017
- are citizens of EU/EEA/Switzerland
- have an EU Blue Card
- have a continuous residence permit card in Finland, Type A permit
- have a permanent residence permit card in Finland, Type P permit
- have an EU residence permit for third-country citizens with long-term residence permit card in Finland (Type P-EU)
- have an EU Family Member's Residence Card in Finland
Read carefully: Exemption from tuition fees
The tuition fee will be collected from the student before he/she can enroll for the academic year 2018–2019 in summer 2018.
If you are unsure about whether you'd be subject to tuition fees, check the 'Am I required to pay tuition fees?' section on the Studyinfo.fi application site.
Scholarships and grants
SAMK admits scholarships only for those students who are obliged to pay the tuition fees. Student can receive a scholarship only for application. The scholarship can be granted only as a waiver for next academic year’s tuition fee. SAMK doesn’t grant scholarschips for the 1st academic study year.
The criteria for receiving the scholarship are that the student has gained at least 55 ECTS credits for his/her degree per each academic year as present (or 27,5 ECTS credits per semester when applicable). The scholarship is available only for the optimum study time for the degree in question. If the student graduates during the optimum study time, he/she will be paid a graduation grant.
The optimum study times for Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees depend on the scope of the degree in question. In SAMK the optimum study times in relation to the scope of the degree are:
- 3,5 years for a Bachelor’s degree of 210 ECTS credits
- 4 years for a Bachelor’s degree of 240 ECTS credits
- 4,5 years for a Bachelor’s degree of 270 ECTS credits
- 1 year for a Master’s degree of 60 ECTS credits
- 1,5 year for a Master’s degree of 90 ECTS credits
A Bachelor’s degree student who applies for the scholarship and fills the criteria receives:
- a scholarship of 30 % of the tuition fee for 2nd academic year
- a scholarship of 50 % of the tuition fee for 3rd academic year
- a scholarship of 70 % of tuition fee for the rest of the optimum study time
- a graduation grant of 80 % of tuition fee for graduation during the optimum study time
A Master’s degree student who applies for the scholarship and fills the criteria receives a graduation grant of 40 % of the tuition fee. In addition, a student in a 90 ECTS credits Master’s degree programme, receives 30 % of one semester’s tuition fee if he/she applies for the scholarship and fills the criteria.
+358 2 623 4801