Exemption from tuition fees
There is a tuition fee applicable to students who are not citizens of countries of the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. You are exempted from paying the tuition fee if you have one of the documents mentioned below.
If you have one of the following documents, you are exempted from paying the tuition fee:
- Passport or identity card to indicate the citizenship of EU/EEA/Switzerland
- EU Blue Card
- Continuous residence permit card in Finland (Type A permit) issued for purposes other than studies. NB: Type A permit granted for studying in Finland (from 15 April 2022 onwards) doesn’t exempt student from paying tuition fee.
- EU Family Member's Residence Card in Finland
- Permanent residence permit card in Finland, Type P permit
- EU residence permit for third-country citizens with long-term residence permit card in Finland (Type P-EU)
- Brexit residence permit card, Type SEU-sopimuksen 50 artikla = Right of residence under the withdrawal agreement, or P SEU-sopimuksen 50 artikla = Right of permanent residence under the withdrawal agreement
You can scan the document and send it by email to the address: admissions(a)samk.fi
+358 2 623 4801