Welcome to Satakunta University of Applied Sciences!
Satakunta University of Applied Sciences organizes an International Summit online on 14–15 December 2021. The theme of the summit will be “Virtual learning and cooperation”. We are glad to invite our international partners to participate in this virtual event!
The aim of our summit is to collect best practices of virtual learning and cooperation: how the higher education institutions cooperate, teach and learn virtually? The days will consist of keynote speeches, workshops, sharing of best practices and online networking. Time will also be reserved for online meetings with our academic staff to discuss future cooperation in the framework of the Erasmus+ programme, research cooperation and other joint projects.
Please find below the programme of the week.
We warmly welcome colleagues and representatives of our partner universities worldwide to participate in our International Summit in December 2021!
General inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Noora Maja - EU countries
Sanna Juhantalo - countries outside of Europe
One week prior to the summit:
Online networking days, individual meetings, project meetings, poster sessions, etc.
Tuesday 14th December
10.00 programme starts with an Opening Plenary.
- Collaborating with Working life - Online and offline
- Educational Travel & Innovative Learning Perspectives
- Digitalization in Maritime sector
- Treatment of respiratory dysfunction in ICU
11.45-12.00 Short break
12.00–13.00 Keynote speech Sustainable Development Goals in Curriculum Development, founder and chairman Harri Ketamo, HeadAI
13.00-14.00 Lunch break
- Building blended double Master’s: Integrating Academic and International Affairs
- Digital Collaboration Tools with Colleagues and Students
- Deep Dive into Sustainable Development Goals in Curriculum Development
- COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology) network ‘Women on the Move’ – experiences on international online co-teaching (workshop by University Consortium of Pori)
15.00-15.10 Coffee break
15.10-15.30 Faculty of Health and Welfare presents: live simulation
15.30-16.00 Conclusions from the workshops
Wednesday 15th December
9.45-10.00 Welcome to day two of the summit
10.00–11.00 Keynote speech Intuition, radical creativity and psychological safety in virtual environments, Ph.D. Asta Raami
11.00-11.10 Short break
- Digital Collaboration Workshop
- Level of Digital Transformation and Digital Maturity of Businesses
- SAMK's International Activities and Cross-institutional Cooperation between University Consortium of Pori and SAMK
- Flexible Learning Methods, Systems and Support in Finnish Higher Education
- Reinventing Teaching and Learning to prepare students for post COVID-19 tourism industry
12.10-13.00 Lunch break
13.00–14.00 Keynote Speech Advancing Digital Learning: experiences from Aalto Online Learning, docent, Ph.D. Tomi Kauppinen
14.00-15.00 Poster sessions and scheduled meetings
15.00-15.15 Conclusions from workshops
15.15-16.00 Closing event
The summit will be hosted by the dean of the Faculty of Technology, Ms Marika Seppälä, and SAMK's student Milla Ruonala.
All times are Finnish time. We reserve the right to any changes.
The registration is closed. The deadline for registrations was 30 November 2021. All registered participants have received instructions on how to login to the online platform.
Registration fee is 50€. The invoice will be sent to the e-mail address that you give when registering. In case of cancellation the fee will not be returned since all registered participants have access to the platform and materials before and after the summit.
The event is free of charge for SAMK staff members.