SAMK’s influence at an annual level
- Degree students 6000, open UAS students 1900
- Satakunta region employs ca 75% of the graduated
- Impact of theses and practices on Satakunta region ca 450 person-years
- Foreign students in the region 300 on average (over 60 nationalities)
- Continuing education involves 1200 people from Satakunta region
- Companies and communities in collaboration with SAMK over 500
- Enterprise Accelerator has more than 100 student entrepreneurs and future entrepreneurs
- SAMK is applying for national and international funding for the region (over 4 million euros)
Graduate students have evaluated the quality of teaching at SAMK as the best of all the universities of applied sciences in Finland. The fact is revealed by the Finnish Ministry of Education and Culture AVOP survey (University of applied sciences graduand feedback questionnaire), where graduating students are requested to evaluate and provide feedback on their education.
In the autumn 2017 Bulgarian Vaklin Angelov started studying at SAMK in the English language Industrial Management engineering program. – The studies have met with my expectations. Various contact and feedback systems work well, which is important, because the studying is mainly online using different electronic systems.