SAMK’s influence at an annual level
- degree students 5500, open UAS students 1200
- Satakunta region employs ca 75% of the graduated
- impact of theses and practices on Satakunta region ca 450 person-years
- foreign students in the region 300 on average (over 50 nationalities)
- continuing education involves 1200 people from Satakunta region
- companies and communities in collaboration with SAMK over 500
- Enterprise Accelerator has more than 100 student entrepreneurs and future entrepreneurs
- SAMK is applying for national and international funding for the region (over 3 million euros)
The results of the 2016 Student Survey show that SAMK students are very satisfied with the function of the student community. The students are also well aware of the goals of their studies and the studies were experienced as appropriately challenging.
In the autumn 2017 Bulgarian Vaklin Angelov started studying at SAMK in the English language Industrial Management engineering program. – The studies have met with my expectations. Various contact and feedback systems work well, which is important, because the studying is mainly online using different electronic systems.