SAMK's vision, mission and profile
Vision: All SAMK students will be employed.
SAMK provides experts and developers for the region and promotes internationality and entrepreneurship in Satakunta.
The economic and industrial structure of the region requires SAMK to be able to offer extensive education and research opportunities in the fields of health care and social services , business administration, and technology.
SAMK profiles itself as an industrial higher education institution.
SAMK has the responsibility to produce customizable competence to meet the modern and versatile needs of working life in the region of Satakunta and the neighbouring areas, and in the chosen fields all over Finland.
SAMK in figures (2019)
Locations (four campuses): Pori, Rauma, Huittinen, Kankaanpää
- Staff 425
- Turnover 35.5 M €
- Publications 289
Trainings a total of 39
- In Finnish 27
- In English 12
- Degree students 6012
- of which international 287
- 45 new contracts (620 in total)
- 21 new companies (337 in total)
Students of the Open University of Applied Sciences 2051
- Credits in non-graduate education 15 389
More than 60 nationalities
- International exchange students 130
- From SAMK in exchanges of different lengths 150
More than 500 partner companies and communities
More than 200 international partner universities
Ongoing projects a total of 124
- New domestic projects 30
- New international projects 10
- External financing of projects in 2019 4 M € (was 3.3)
- The total volume of ongoing projects is € 12.5 million