The rehabilitation field is developing globally
Innovative specialist are in huge demand! This Master’s Programme is for you, who wants to develop your competence in rehabilitation.
We welcome applicants who have 3 years of post-graduate working experience and who hold a bachelor’s degree in rehabilitation, healthcare or social services (e.g. physiotherapist, nurse, public health nurse, rehabilitation councellor, bachelor of social services)
The Master’s Degree in Rehabilitation provides you with specific competences in rehabilitation sciences and evidence-based knowledge of the field. During the studies you develop skills, which you can use in management, research and development work. This programme offered in English will also develop skills in international interaction and communication.
Information for Applicants
Master’s studies at a university of applied sciences are a natural extension to a Bachelor’s Degree. A Masters’s degree in a Finnish University of Applied Sciences correspond to level 7 on the EQF (European Qualification Framework). A UAS Master’s Degree provides the same competence level as a Master’s degree from a university.
What is included in the Master’s in Rehabilitation studies?
Research and management studies (30 credits, 1 credit =27 hours student work):
- Research, innovation and development methods
- Research in management and knowledge management
- Management and leadership in healthcare and social sector
- Evidence-based rehabilitation and rehabilitation research
Advanced professional studies (25 credits)
- Theories of rehabilitation and implementation of rehabilitation services
- The quality and effectiveness of rehabilitation
- User-orientation in services and technology OR Service innovations and service design
- Assessment and support of functioning in rehabilitation
- Enhancing participation and accessibility in society
Elective studies (5 credits)
Master’s Thesis (30 credits)
- The Master’s Thesis is a research or development task closely connected with the employment field. It combines the development needs of the commissioner and the student’s own career development with advanced professional studies. During the thesis process you develop work methods, tools and/or work practices.
Tuition in the Master’s Degree Programme is organised so that studies can be combined with full-time work.
The Blended Learning approach enables combining work and study with flexibility alongside working even from abroad.
After graduating from the Master’s Degree Programme in Rehabilitation, you can work in demanding expert and management tasks or in RDI activities in the public sector, in enterprises or other organizations. SAMK also supports establishment of your own business.
Student Admissions Office
(02) 623 4801
Dr Anne Kärki
+358 44 710 3471
SAMK Campus Pori