The aim of the degree programme is to provide students with skills and knowledge in developing tourism business and services. These include customer experience and quality management, service and experience design, selling tourism products off and online, business models and profitable economic solutions. Students gain experience from hospitality, accommodation sector, event management and tourism distribution and specialize in designing extraordinary experiences in the Nordic nature.
The studies are carried out in close co-operation with working life and tourism enterprises. Students are provided with conceptual and experiential learning opportunities, e.g. in local and international internships and tourism development projects that address real-life challenges. The studies include practical training (30 ECTS), which offers students an excellent opportunity to develop a comprehensive view of the tourism field and networking in it.
Main modules of the new curriculum:
- Tourism Industry
- Managing Tourism Destination
- Customer Experience Management
- Developing Tourism Businesses
- Business and Well-Being from Nature
You can start your studies at the new campus in autumn 2018.
Modern and Versatile Campus
The new SAMK-campus will be located in the city centre of Pori and it will be future’s learning environment.
- 3000 students
- Diversified: business, health care and social services, technology, tourism
- Around 600 degrees per year
- Good traffic connections: located next to the future public transportation center and within walking distance from the airport
Further Information about Applying
+358 2 623 4801
Further Information about the Degree Programme:
Mrs. Maaria Berg, Senior Lecturer
+358 44 710 3351